- Priority Deadline: October 13, 2023
- Reports To: Vice President, Operations & Internal Capacity Building
- Status: Full time position
- Location: Hybrid - Remote
- Compensation: $80,000 - $90,000
The IT & Facilities Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful operations of NEO’s NYC office space, as well as the security and functionality of the organization’s technology infrastructure. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: management of the physical space, coordination with facilities and IT-related vendors, collaboration with NEO’s external IT vendor, management of organizational equipment and tech platforms, development of necessary organizational policies, and a commitment to staff training and communication. Success in this role will require strong project management skills and the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with other departments, particularly the Finance, HR, and Executive teams. This position will report to the Vice President, Operations & Internal Capacity Building.
Key Job Functions
- Day-to-day responsibilities for the office management, including maintenance of keys, building access cards, vendors, landlord communication, tenant updates, and office technology supplies.
- Direct office maintenance as the on-site point person for technology, annual inspections, cleanings, building maintenance, repairs, and/or deliveries, and maintain organization calendar of these events.
- Serve as primary point of contact for facilities-related vendors, including NEO’s landlord.
- Supervision of Operations Coordinator, including support for professional development and growth.
- Maintain, review, and regularly update user lists for platforms and inventories of NEO equipment among staff.
- With the support of the Legal team, develop a deep understanding of NEO’s facilities & IT-related insurance policies to ensure that organizational activities have appropriate coverage, including securing COI’s from vendors operating in NEO’s space, as needed.
- Management of space reservations for events, meetings and oversight of technology/AV equipment needs for the meetings.
- Coordination, set-up and breakdown of space for events and meetings, with support from the rest of the Operations team; advocate for additional external support, as needed.
- Oversight and management of office desk booking system, act as system administrator for the platform, pull monthly usage reports by department.
- Work closely with leadership to ensure the proper implementation of physical security protocols and trainings for the organization.
Equipment and Technology
- Serve as primary point of contact for IT Managed Service Provider, including weekly check-ins, review of support tickets, and invoice/payment requests for third party systems.
- Manage set-up of equipment for onboarding staff, coordinated offboarding of staff with RTT, shipping out/return of NEO equipment, coordination of RTT and NEO tech orientations.
- Regularly monitor cybersecurity reports, including staff training compilation reports, and communicate with staff as needed with updates, notices, etc.
- Coordinate cybersecurity training and briefings in collaboration with VP, Operations & Internal Capacity Building and Chief of Staff.
- Provide updates to staff about tech updates and notices related to platform outages (slack, Microsoft, Dropbox, Last Pass).
- Serve as primary staff point of contact for equipment and questions.
- Process monthly allocation and reconciliation of invoices for organization system platforms (Zoom, Adobe, Officely, LastPass, Asana, etc.) by department users, in collaboration with finance team.
- Manage and maintain equipment records and ensure filing systems are maintained, up to date, and secure.
- Maintain records of all platforms and vendors, including points of contact and NEO’s authorized representatives and primary contacts.
- Ensure that all facilities and IT-related contracts are renewed and tracked in NEO’s internal systems and that all invoices are paid in a timely manager.
- Provide support to the VP, Operations & Internal Capacity Building in the creation and maintenance of the department budget for expenses related to this function.
- Work closely with VP, Operations & Internal Capacity Building to identify organizational policy and process gaps around organizational facilities and IT needs; develop/revise and implement policies and practices to fill those gaps.
- Create and/or maintain training documentation for staff related to this function; ensure that those training materials are accessible and communicated effectively.
- Work closely with the Communications team and VP, Operations & Internal Capacity Building to create and implement communications plans for facilities and IT initiatives.
- Other duties, or special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 + years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to work on multiple projects successfully while maintaining collaborative relationships with other departments.
- Strong project management skills required; qualification in project management plus.
- A proactive, problem solver.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience with contracts, vendor relationship management.
- Proven facility management and relevant experiences.
- Technology acumen and ability to troubleshoot and reprioritize as needed.
- Previous management and staff supervision experience.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high-profile, fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to review, synthesize information and produce quality reports.
- Aligned with NEO’s values and mission for social justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft365, Google Drive, Dropbox, slack, and cloud-based platforms.
- Understanding of non-profit organization operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or other relevant certifications preferred.
Compensation for this role will vary depending on the experience of the candidate. The salary range for this position is $80,000 – $90,000 per year. NEO provides generous benefits, which include medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, and pet insurance. We also administer FSA, commuter benefits, and 401k retirement plans and have generous Paid Time Off and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
NEO follows CDC guidance regarding staying up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters. Accordingly, and in order to ensure that the wellness and safety of our staff to the greatest extend possible, NEO requires the COVID-19 vaccination and boosters for all staff. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis.
NEO Philanthropy has its headquarters in NYC and the Operations department is based in that office. NEO HQ has a hybrid work structure based on job function. It is our expectation that this role will be in the office 3-4 days per week with the flexibility to occasionally adjust in-office days based on organizational needs.
Application InstructionsAPPLY HERE
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should apply here. Please include a resume and cover letter for consideration. Applications submitted by October 13, 2023 will be considered. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
NEO Philanthropy is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NEO Philanthropy’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.