Team: Fiscal Sponsorship
- Priority Deadline: October 27, 2023
- Reports To: Co-Director of Fiscal Sponsorship
- Status: Full time position
- Location: Remote with Occasional In-Person Meetings
- Compensation: $75,000 - $87,500
Reporting to the Co-Directors, the Portfolio Manager will be a seasoned member of a team working with a portfolio of diverse projects within the FiscalSponsorship Program, comprised of approximately 50 projects. In the context of the team, the Portfolio Manager receives support, manages a complex portfolio, and experiences moderate room for growth within the team. The ideal candidate is an organized, reliable, anddetail-orientedproblem-solverwithexcellentjudgmentand significantpriorexperienceinthenonprofitsector. They enjoy building relationships, adapting their working style to collaborate effectively with others, and bringing humor and compassion to their work. They thrive in a perpetual learning environment. They may have prior experience with a fiscal sponsorship practice and/or donor advised funds.
This position works closely with our Legal, Finance, Operations, and Human Resources staff to ensure the highest quality service to our fiscally sponsored projects and their donors. The ideal person will have a basic understanding of nonprofit operations, including finance, grants administration, legal compliance, and human resources. Experience with 501(c)(3) permissible lobbying and/or differentiating between 501(C)(3) and 501(c)(4) work would be a plus. This person has worked in a fast-paced environment, with responsibility for multiple time-sensitive deliverables. They are able to deliver exceptional customer service and set appropriate boundaries when faced with challenging demands. They work efficiently, independently, and proactively suggest process improvements.
Key Job Functions
Project Monitoring & Support
- Serve as primary point of contact for assigned portfolio of projects, serving as a link to other internal NEO staff, including Finance, HR, Legal, Operations etc.
- Provide deep partnership to portfolio of assigned
- Lead regularly scheduled check-ins with leaders of assigned projects and hold projects accountable to compliance and operational requirements and deadlines.
- With some support from the CO-Directors, serve as a strategic thought partner to projects with regard to operations, finance, grants management, organizational development, and HR, as
- Ensure timely processing and updates of workflows across NEO’s systems, including Salesforce, the Project Portal, UKG (formerly Ultipro), and Nexonia.
Financial Management & Compliance
- Work with Co-Directors and Finance Team to ensure proper documentation and accurate accounting for all revenue and expenses, including tracking accounts payable and receivable and maintaining appropriate financial and project coding.
- With some support from the Co-Directors, provide financial management assessment and support to assigned projects, including management of the annual budgeting process, monthly financial reports, revenue and expense projections, cash flow analyses, and other support as requested.
- Monitor overall fiscal health of assigned projects and work with NEO leadership to address any identified concerns or needs on behalf of these projects.
- Review and process approved payment requests from assigned projects.
- Manage online giving platforms utilized by assigned portfolio of projects, including Network for Good. Prepare reports for finance team and projects that track online giving.
- Manage the proposal submission process for assigned portfolio of fiscally sponsored projects, ensuring materials are accurate, 501(c)(3) compliant, and complete. Advise on budget preparation that is in line with NEO’s financial
- Manage reporting calendar and work with projects and Finance team to ensure all reporting requirements and deadlines are
- Review incoming grant agreements, work with Legal and project to resolve any problematic
- For projects engaging in grantmaking, work with NEO departments to prepare grant agreements, as well as accurate and timely disbursement of grant payments and collection and review of grant
- Participate in grantee, donor, and advisory committee meetings, as requested by assigned projects or NEO leadership.
Legal Compliance & HR Compliance
- Work with Co-Director and Counsel to ensure that fiscally sponsored projects comply with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, including relevant restrictions on lobbying and electoral campaigning activities as well as labor laws.
- Draft all vendor and consultant contracts for review by Counsel for assigned
- In conjunction with NEO’s HR team, ensure effective communication with project teams about HR requirements, timelines, and policy updates. With some support from HR and the Co-Directors, provide performance management and hiring support as needed.
NEO Program Responsibilities
- With the Co-Directors, participate in development of programmatic resources and
- Support the onboarding of new fiscally sponsored projects, as assigned.
- Work with NEO leadership to communicate organization-wide policies and procedures to
- Engage with and support NEO’s equity efforts following recommendations from the ELG and NEO’s leadership.
- Participate in NEO working groups and systems testing, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years of foundation, nonprofit, or public service experience required
- Knowledge of non-profit management, including legal and financial compliance for nonprofits strongly preferred
- Strong planning, and organizational skills; the ability to manage time efficiently and meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail while also seeing the big picture
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and proven ability to work effectively across multiple roles with diverse groups of people
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks, tolerance for work under pressure, and strong ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personal and professional approach of working respectfully, thoughtfully, and collaboratively in a team environment
- Interest in continuous learning and investment in sharing knowledge
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management
- Proficient with windows-based word processing, spreadsheets, databases and Internet Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Master’s degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
Compensation for this role will vary depending on the experience of the candidate and resulting title. The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $87,500 per year. NEO provides generous benefits, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, and pet insurance. We also administer FSA, Commuter benefit, and 401k retirement plans and have generous Paid Time Off and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
NEO follows CDC guidance regarding staying up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters. Accordingly, and in order to ensure the wellness and safety of our staff to the greatest extent possible, NEO requires the COVID-19 vaccination and boosters for all staff. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis.
Application InstructionsAPPLY HERE
Interested applicants should apply here. Please include a resume and cover letter for consideration. Applications submitted by October 27, 2023 will be considered. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
NEO Philanthropy is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NEO Philanthropy’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.